Friday, April 17, 2009

Well, that was fun...

As if the first time, back in December 2007, wasn't enough...Wednesday evening I was in another car accident. This time however, it was my fault. Not to make excuses, but ever since my last accident - I have been extremely anxious every time that I drive. When my previous car was totalled I purchased a Ford Expedition and while I love the car, I have been really anxious and have not gotten used to its size. I have expressed to my husband and friends a number of times my anxiety - particularly when it comes to changing lanes.

Wednesday evening I took my oldest son and my niece and dropped them off at the church they attend with my Mother. On my way home, I had just come through an intersection and saw a bus stopped in the lane in front of me. I know what you're thinking - I didn't hit the bus. Cars started to back up behind the bus. I decided that I was going to go around them. I checked the other lane and there was plenty of room between me and the car that was coming up from behind in that lane. I gave my car a little gas and began to move over - aparently there was not enough room between me and the car in front of me when I pressed on the gas. I slammed right into the back of the car in front of me.

Everyone was okay. The other car was driveable, the damage was to the trunk of that car. My car however, was not driveable. When I hit the other car it pushed my bumper in and bent the sides of it down. The steel part of the bumper is bent in and rubbing on my passenger side tire and does not allow me to straighten my tires or turn them to the right. So, it went up on the tow truck and back to the body shop.

While I was waiting for the tow truck and everything else associated with an accident, I texted my husband (who was at work) to let him know what happened. He tried to call me while I was on the phone with my Mother talking about our car insurance. When he couldn't reach me - he left work and hightailed it to me. Right as my Father and I were pulling out of the parking lot so that we could show the tow truck driver where the body shop was - my husband comes pulling into the parking lot. He ended up following us to the body shop. He was so cute. As soon as he could get to me he wrapped his arms around me, buried his head in the crook of my neck and squeezed. He was even shaking a little. I had tried to text him to let him know that I was okay. It really was cute that all he wanted was to get to me. Just made me love him more!

Now we begin the wait - when will I get my vehicle back. As of right now I will have to drive my Mother's mini-van. Call me a snob, but I hate driving her mini-van. Or my husband's truck. Not crazy about driving that one either - I have trouble parking it in the parking garage at work. Hopefully my car will be back quickly.

No comments: